Eco Sailing Label
THE CREATION OF AN ECO SAILING LABEL
The Multi One Attitude Foundation has partnered with OMYP (Global Yachting Organisation) to develep globally the Y&ES programme ; Yachting and Eco Sailing ! This programme will be proposed to the ports welcoming the Multi One Championship. What exactly is the Y&ES Programme?
The programme aims to encourage port authorities and users towards a common approach to continual improvement that integrates the three dimensional of sustainable development. In other words, seek optimal compatibility between the environmental, social and economic interests that are linked to port activity.
In order to reach both users and port authorities, the programme comprises two sections.
This is a programme offering the tools for dialogue, the possibility to implicate all the players involved in nautical activities and favour an exchange of know-how in “good practice”.
- An internet platform and www.yachtingecosailing.com
- The means to calculate the impact that sailing may have on the environment
- Educational medium
- Lessons in eco-navigation
- Awareness programme for boat shows and similar events
- Sailors charter
Eco-navigation is not only a question of good sense. A whole “good users guide” comes into play. By participating in the Y&ES Programme, sailors can contribute to the safekeeping of the environment that is dear to them.
The Y&ES trademark/seal of approval
The Y&ES seal of approval proposes an innovative, evolutionary, global approach. Multi-player and multi- criterion the concept encourages those ports that adopt the vision of continued improvement.
The long term approach of continual improvement aims to:
- Improve environmental and economic achievement in view of attaining excellence
- Include social and economic indicators
- Go further than simple conformity
- Communicate with clarity and transparency
- Implicate the users in port-related activity
- Plan future actions taking into account their environmental, economic and social impact
The together approach consists of:
- Realising an identity card including an eco-assessment
- Proposing a tool to help decisions that will allow better orientation of strategy
- Contributing to the sensitization and awareness of users to the importance of sustainable development
- Bringing the port to the highest level of management and use of its infrastructure
The Y&ES trademark is accessible to every type of port as long as the statute is respected. If heavy investment is necessary, this can be staggered over a few years. The audit for obtaining the trademark that will institute any follow-up measures will take this into account.