Race for Water Foundation is a charity dedicated to Water preservation. The Foundation aims to use sailing as a means for education and awareness of key water sustainability issues and find solutions for those key issues.
The defining global challenge of the 21st century will almost certainly be water. But both the causes and consequences of the many humanitarian and environmental issues connected to water scarcity and the disruption of ocean eco-systems are less understood than other areas of sustainable development. As a result, there is also less public, corporate and political engagement with many of the issues.
The Foundation aims to gather institutions, decision-makers and the general public to engage them in two essential issues around water: ocean and freshwater preservation. To fulfill its mission, the Race for Water Foundation has set up a program based on three principles:
- LEARN : To raise public awareness
- SHARE : Work together to make a difference
- ACT : Implement concrete solutions
OUR FOUR PROGRAMMES:
- AWARENESS. RAISE UNDERSTANDING about the urgency of water preservation for the general public and key opinion leaders
- BUSINESS. ENGAGE businesses and scientists, develop the understanding linked to water risks and propose tools for action
- EDUCATION. INSPIRE the young generation to act concretely and engage them to make a difference to preserve water
- SCIENCE. DEVELOP a better knowledge and understanding of the oceans and create a research center on plastic pollution
BRINGING PEOPLE TOGETHER TO PRESERVE WATER, THE PLANET'S MOST PRECIOUS RESOURCE